Posted 28 February 2008 in Life, the Universe, and Everything by Catriona
- I haven’t typed my library password into the website in four years, and I’ve now forgotten it. This makes accessing databases and electronic journals impossible, and is highly irritating.
- all my lovely PopCap games are gone: Alchemy I hadn’t played in a while, but the loss of my beautiful Bejeweled 2 is a tragedy.
- ditto Solitaire Till Dawn, hands-down the best Solitaire games for the Mac anywhere. How will I procrastinate now?
- I really don’t want to spend an hour with my online banking system recreating the spreadsheet tracking repayment of my parents’ loan for the car.
- I’ve only just now realised that my electronic Bookmarks are gone. Bugger.
- grateful as I am for Nick’s computer, his keyboard really sucks. Yes, that modifier was necessary.
- I’m becoming unreasonably annoyed by having to log back into my e-mail programme every ten minutes.
- on that note, the online Exchange programme has stored all of my received e-mails, but none of my sent ones, which I suspect will cause increasing problems in the future.
- I miss my James Jean desktop image.
None of these are as major as the complete and utter loss of one of my appendices—it would have to be the one that includes my primary source material, wouldn’t it?—but they’re frustrating nonetheless.
R. I. P., little iBook. I’m going to stop whinging about you now.